rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] automatic updates

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] automatic updates

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: Alexander Gall <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] automatic updates
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 10:51:55 +0200

hi,

On 3/29/22 10:37, Alexander Gall wrote:

Hi

I experimented a bit and I think I have a method that performs the
"release-manager --switch-to-generation" from the ExecStopPost script
when freerouter terminates with RC 3 (after "reload warm"). I didn't
see the need to use neither daemonRun nor ptyRun, though (apart from a
glitch in release-manager that causes an issue when there is no
terminal connected to stdin, which I'll fix). The tna-upgrade alias
would then only do the installation but not the switch to the new
version.

niceee!

However, the "--install-git" variant is only one of the available
upgrade options. There is also "--install-release" and
"--update-rlease". And the user might also want to switch to an
arbitrary installed version or do a rollback to the previous version.

So, we should either create an alias that allows the user to pass
arbitrary arguments to release-manager or expect the user to run the
command from a terminal for those cases.

so we could create an alias to do arbitrary work with the release manager,
but for freerouter's autoupgrade mechanism, an tna-upgrade and tna-downgrade
are the only two that are needed...

so please precise those aliases in the startup to play nicely with the
release manager! :)
i was just experimenting too, but since now you have a better way, let's do
that...

thanks,
cs