rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] automatic updates

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] automatic updates

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: Alexander Gall <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] automatic updates
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 10:47:27 +0200

hi,

On 3/29/22 10:19, Alexander Gall wrote:
Hi

On Mon, 28 Mar 2022 19:06:05 +0200, mc36 <> said:

and yet another, /etc/freertr/p4-profile need to be set to GEANT-TESTBED...

> You mean as the default? It is set here:
https://bitbucket.software.geant.org/projects/RARE/repos/rare-nix/browse/default.nix#38

niceee, thanks....

But GEANT_TESTBED is probably not a good default since there is only
one ONIE installer for everybody and this profile is not really useful
to anyone else. It seems clear that some amount of customization needs
to be done after a fresh ONIE installation. How this is done is kind
of out of the scope of the installer. In the lab, this could be done
via Ansible, I guess.

not that much, just a script to set the profile, and that's all that is left
imho...
i'll add an option to the aliases that they'll be sticky with their
parameters in the startup...
then imho we're ready with this too.... :)

i failed to find this and the other location... where these files come from?

The ONIE installer is not part of the rare-nix repo. The core of it
is a separate repo
https://github.com/alexandergall/onie-debian-nix-installer (and that's
where I'll add the capability to pin packages), but the way it is used
by rare-nix is a bit more complicated. A SDE-specific installer is
provided by the bf-sde-nixpkgs package
(https://github.com/alexandergall/bf-sde-nixpkgs/tree/master/bf-sde/support#mkonieinstaller),
which is then called by rare-nix here:
https://bitbucket.software.geant.org/projects/RARE/repos/rare-nix/browse/default.nix#86

I'll take care of this as it involves quite a bit of very Nixy stuff.

thanks! :)