rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] automatic updates

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] automatic updates

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: Alexander Gall <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] automatic updates
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 16:29:12 +0200

hi,

On 3/30/22 16:09, Alexander Gall wrote:

with this small change we have the sticky alias parameters...

Nice. Maybe rename it to "default"? That's basically what it seems to
be, i.e. the default argument when the user doesn't supply anything
when calling the alias.
hmmm,
what i've done here is sticky, that is, the last one always remembered in the
running config...
much like cisco's portsecurity sticky mac works.... but adding a different,
default knob for
the aliases is also not a bad idea anyway... :)

it'll be nice to use with the tna-set-profile command...

Will do.

BTW, what is the difference between the "exec" and "test" aliases
apart from how they are called? You've used "test" for the tna
commands up to now, but it seems to me that "exec" would probably be
better suited? The user would then execute those aliases just like
regular commands, which looks like a good thing to me.

yeahh,
so one can define aliases at some points in the parses, much like in ios..
for example the alais exec defines something right after #, the alias test
under #test , and so on...
anyway, agreed upon moving out the tna commands right to the #....

br,
cs