rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] automatic updates

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] automatic updates

  • From: Alexander Gall <>
  • To: mc36 <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] automatic updates
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 16:09:44 +0200

Hi

On Wed, 30 Mar 2022 10:59:45 +0200, mc36 <> said:

> On 3/29/22 10:47, mc36 wrote:
>>
>> not that much, just a script to set the profile, and that's all that is
>> left imho...
>> i'll add an option to the aliases that they'll be sticky with their
>> parameters in the startup...
>> then imho we're ready with this too.... :)

> https://github.com/mc36/freeRouter/commit/29155900a9abd7d953288fdde722fb36446f6e64

> with this small change we have the sticky alias parameters...

Nice. Maybe rename it to "default"? That's basically what it seems to
be, i.e. the default argument when the user doesn't supply anything
when calling the alias.

> it'll be nice to use with the tna-set-profile command...

Will do.

BTW, what is the difference between the "exec" and "test" aliases
apart from how they are called? You've used "test" for the tna
commands up to now, but it seems to me that "exec" would probably be
better suited? The user would then execute those aliases just like
regular commands, which looks like a good thing to me.

> then one can do a complete reimage of a box and do a
> config network <url> to restore everything, including
> the original profile...
> regards,
> cs

> ps: note the pretty commit message... :)))

Yes, that makes me happy :)

--
Alex