rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] automatic updates

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] automatic updates

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: Alexander Gall <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] automatic updates
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 16:39:44 +0200

hi,

On 3/30/22 16:09, Alexander Gall wrote:
Hi

On Wed, 30 Mar 2022 10:42:25 +0200, mc36 <> said:

here we goo:
https://github.com/mc36/freeRouter/commit/ddc19c52c5003bb763294351572282b7b18325b8

also update freertr.net/release.sh to use the feature... this is how it looks
like:
https://github.com/mc36/freeRouter/commit/b34a5fec97763c88e74fe4a7112645f03c9c6736

Thank you, much appreciated :) What does "todo" and "no todo" mean,
exactly? And for which commits is this information generated?

so every time i update the
https://github.com/mc36/freeRouter/blob/master/todo.txt
(or introduce a new test case in
https://github.com/mc36/freeRouter/tree/master/cfg)
((or a previous test case failed or passed again))
and execute a ./t* script then the tester finally updates
the https://github.com/mc36/freeRouter/blob/master/changelog.txt
plus saves the current state to
https://github.com/mc36/freeRouter/blob/master/src/rtr.ftr
from this latter, it can know on the next run that what changed....
right now the todo: is when a new line appeared in the todo.txt,
when one get removed then a no todo: will appear,
and if something happened to the test cases then a (no) qc pass:
will be omitted... if none of these happened, then the changelog
will be kept intact, so no commit message will be there...

It would also be nice if commits that have this information could be
identfied by the first line of the message. Right now, all commits
appear as "automatic commit at releng box" in the list at
https://github.com/mc36/freeRouter/commits/master. This makes it hard
to find the interesting ones.

I ask because I guess if I try to create a list of all changes in
freertr from one RARE release to the next (to put in the RARE release
notes) I'll have look at all the intermediate commits since the last
release.

so since all this what i do with the commit message is just some text
magic, what if i know a better way to get the list for you:

mc36@safe:/data.pub/src$
mc36@safe:/data.pub/src$
mc36@safe:/data.pub/src$ java -jar rtr.jar test changelog since 2022-03-20

freeRouter (22.03.21) sid; urgency=medium

* no qc pass: ppp address propagation
* failed: ppp address propagation

-- cs@nop Mon, 21 Mar 2022 22:08:40 +0000

freeRouter (22.03.21) sid; urgency=medium

* no failed: ppp address propagation
* qc pass: ppp address propagation

-- cs@nop Mon, 21 Mar 2022 22:44:12 +0000

freeRouter (22.03.22) sid; urgency=medium

* todo: incremental fib calculation from bgp change list

-- cs@nop Tue, 22 Mar 2022 05:33:09 +0000

freeRouter (22.03.28) sid; urgency=medium

* no todo: trustpoint for certificates

-- cs@nop Mon, 28 Mar 2022 14:51:21 +0000

freeRouter (22.03.29) sid; urgency=medium

* no todo: incremental fib calculation from bgp change list

-- cs@nop Tue, 29 Mar 2022 13:09:15 +0000

freeRouter (22.03.29) sid; urgency=medium

* todo: aliases with sticky parameters
* todo: disableable door code in temper

-- cs@nop Tue, 29 Mar 2022 13:48:35 +0000

freeRouter (22.3.30) sid; urgency=medium

* todo: lsrp pvrp forbid remote dynamic metric
* todo: changelog converter with start point

-- cs@nop Wed, 30 Mar 2022 04:34:50 +0000

freeRouter (22.3.30) sid; urgency=medium

* no todo: lsrp pvrp forbid remote dynamic metric

-- cs@nop Wed, 30 Mar 2022 07:02:48 +0000

freeRouter (22.3.30) sid; urgency=medium

* no todo: changelog converter with start point

-- cs@nop Wed, 30 Mar 2022 07:59:57 +0000

freeRouter (22.3.30) sid; urgency=medium

* no todo: aliases with sticky parameters

-- cs@nop Wed, 30 Mar 2022 08:45:44 +0000

freeRouter (22.3.30) sid; urgency=medium

* todo: default playlist in player

-- cs@nop Wed, 30 Mar 2022 08:58:47 +0000

freeRouter (22.3.30) sid; urgency=medium

* no todo: default playlist in player

-- cs@nop Wed, 30 Mar 2022 10:07:16 +0000

freeRouter (22.3.30) sid; urgency=medium

* no todo: disableable door code in temper

-- cs@nop Wed, 30 Mar 2022 10:55:30 +0000

freeRouter (22.3.30) sid; urgency=medium

* todo: default parameter for aliases

-- cs@nop Wed, 30 Mar 2022 14:26:22 +0000
error cfgInit.stopRouter:cfgInit.java:1042 shutdown code=1 reason=finished
mc36@safe:/data.pub/src$
mc36@safe:/data.pub/src$

but there are some other parameters that one can add to the code:
https://github.com/mc36/freeRouter/blob/423b2c1a7299dce1782a565e1ecfd44166394f79/src/net/freertr/user/userTester.java#L169

and if you don't like the format or need something, just let me know... :)

regards,
cs