edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] [edugain-support-team] Sizes of inline logos in eduGAIN metadata

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] [edugain-support-team] Sizes of inline logos in eduGAIN metadata

  • From: Alan Buxey <alan.buxey AT myunidays.com>
  • To: Nicholas Roy <nroy AT internet2.edu>
  • Cc: "Cantor, Scott" <cantor.2 AT osu.edu>, Davide Vaghetti <davide.vaghetti AT garr.it>, edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] [edugain-support-team] Sizes of inline logos in eduGAIN metadata
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 08:49:40 +0000

hi,

> We are shutting down our old metadata service on March 1, 2021. We’ll
> still offer aggregates (regular and IdP-only) in the new service as
> required by the MDQ protocol, but we should probably start thinking of
> how to sunset that requirement at some point, or transition it to simply
> a list of entityIDs.

as noted in another discussion, there is a need for a minimal feed of
information
to provide discovery services with key information on which IdP or SPs to
offer.
(eg not just the entityID but also entity categories, name , HfD etc)
. otherwise
to build a DISCO service you would need to hit the MDQ for each entityID or
for the 'all' parameter - which would cause load/bandwidth use and
just be another
version of large aggregate xfer

alan