edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Sizes of inline logos in eduGAIN metadata

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Sizes of inline logos in eduGAIN metadata

  • From: Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs.kinkhorst AT surfnet.nl>
  • To: <edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Sizes of inline logos in eduGAIN metadata
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 10:56:59 +0100

Op 10-03-2020 om 18:37 schreef Peter Schober:
> I find it interesting that we'd rather discuss KB-sizes of bitmap
> images rather than the elephant in the room -- i.e., moving to SVG.

Or maybe approach the problem even differently. I was at a REFEDS meeting
in Trondheim a while ago where the RA21 project presented their findings
of a UX study into discovery screens. One of the salient findings was if I
remember correctly that the users studied did not consider logos at all
when navigating a discovery screen.

Thijs