edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN and non "academic" IdPs

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN and non "academic" IdPs

  • From: Nicole Harris <harris AT terena.org>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN and non "academic" IdPs
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 18:16:09 +0000

So what I seem to be hearing here are the following actions:

1. REFEDS to look at an "academic IdP" EC and possibly a "public
sign-up" EC (quick before Leif finds some more!).
2. Would be good to work with CLARIN a bit more to tease out a better
definition of their user / customer base...perhaps Lukas and I can look
at this with Dieter and Jozef through the Enabling Users work?
3. Some work looking at scopes around "academic" roles, which could fit
in with the SCHAC / MACE work that has been proposed.

Anything else?

Jozef do you think any of these approaches will help you? If yes then
we can call it a successful friday afternoon debate :-)

Cheers

Nicole

--
Nicole Harris