edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN and non "academic" IdPs

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN and non "academic" IdPs

  • From: Nicole Harris <harris AT terena.org>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN and non "academic" IdPs
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 16:11:12 +0000

On 28/11/2014 15:57, Mikael Linden wrote:
> We shouldn't shoot down a brave customer when he comes to us and asks us to
> improve our service.
No-one is trying to shoot anyone down, we are trying to help by
explaining the problem in its wider context - I'm afraid this can only
be done through the conversations we are having here. I'm sure we are
all focused on improving edugain, but it has to be an actual
improvement, not something that we cannot either coherently deliver or
that ends up breaking the service for other customers. Hopefully these
conversations will reach a solution - and I can see that Leif has
already thrown something in to the pit :-)

--
Nicole Harris
Project Development Officer