edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN and non "academic" IdPs

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN and non "academic" IdPs

  • From: Pål Axelsson <Pal.Axelsson AT uadm.uu.se>
  • To: Nicole Harris <harris AT terena.org>, Josh Howlett <Josh.Howlett AT jisc.ac.uk>
  • Cc: "edugain-discuss AT geant.net" <edugain-discuss AT geant.net>
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN and non "academic" IdPs
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 18:20:34 +0000
  • Accept-language: sv-SE, en-US

Hi

I’m not able to attend the meeting next week o I will express my thoughts here.

eduGAIN can never be only research if we don’t have another interfederation for students and one for educational support staff and so on.

With that said I understand the problem and we to address some way or another and as Leif says we need to slice the elephant. IdP entity categories is a good way to categorize what type of users that IdP has but we may also need a different slicing with marking of individual users.

Pål Axelsson