edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Who is the registrar for R&S in eduGAIN?

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Who is the registrar for R&S in eduGAIN?

  • From: Nicole Harris <nicole.harris AT geant.org>
  • To: <edugain-discuss AT geant.net>
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Who is the registrar for R&S in eduGAIN?
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 09:12:40 +0100
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:0

Hi Niels

Whoever is the registration authority for that metadata is assumed to be the registrar for the R&S tag - ergo you shouldn't add a tagged service to edugain unless you as a federation have added the tag.  I'm not sure which CLARIN SP you were looking at but this is quite useful: https://technical.edugain.org/entities4.php.  It seems the answer is DFN for most of the CLARIN resources at the moment.

Hope that helps