edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN and non "academic" IdPs

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN and non "academic" IdPs

  • From: Rhys Smith <Rhys.Smith AT jisc.ac.uk>
  • To: Martin Matthiesen <martin.matthiesen AT csc.fi>
  • Cc: "edugain-discuss AT geant.net" <edugain-discuss AT geant.net>
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN and non "academic" IdPs
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 13:45:13 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US

> On 1 Dec 2014, at 13:44, Martin Matthiesen <martin.matthiesen AT csc.fi> wrote:
>
> It seems UK uses "employee" where other use "staff", but it also uses
> "faculty", thus I could define: Clarin ACA == (EPA == "faculty" if used by
> federation, like UK),

Uk doesn't use employee or faculty pretty much at all in the wild. Our
customers typically use student for anyone being taught or learning, and
Staff for anyone being paid by the institution, or teaching its students. So
Lecturers, researchers, librarians, secretaries - all would be "Staff" here
usually.

Rhys.

Sent from my iPhone