edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN and non "academic" IdPs

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN and non "academic" IdPs

  • From: Nicole Harris <harris AT terena.org>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN and non "academic" IdPs
  • Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 09:18:50 +0100

Hi Martin

REFEDS has offered to tackle the entity category and schema issues as
these are wider than edugain and the edugain folk have offered to talk
to CLARIN (in multiple countries) to cover use cases in place - many
thanks for the license use case. I agree that there a wide and very
different opinions on how to tackle the problem but we do have processes
in place in REFEDS for shepherding opinion clashes.

We have a shared meeting in Vienna today, so it will be a good
opportunity for various people to put these actions in place.

Many thanks

Nicole

--
Nicole Harris