edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN and non "academic" IdPs

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN and non "academic" IdPs

  • From: Scott Koranda <skoranda AT gmail.com>
  • To: Leif Johansson <leifj AT sunet.se>
  • Cc: edugain-discuss AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN and non "academic" IdPs
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 12:20:06 +0100

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 12:07 PM, Leif Johansson <leifj AT sunet.se> wrote:

>>> I think the NRENs should be the "invited experts" in an eScience
>>> wg somewhere else actually.
>>>
>>> I'd happily volunteer my time in such an effort but the initiative needs
>>> to come from the eScience community.
>>>

>> I understand your motivation, but I do not know where to find an
>> "eScience community" that would be the right place to host the
>> initiative. Maybe others on this list have a better idea.
>>

> I think the sirtfy group is a great place to start actually. Single
> purpose right now but the right organizations are in the room.

Good point. Thanks.

Perhaps we can plan on a Sirtfi meeting at TNC2015 (or perhaps it is
already planned and I have not paid enough attention) and then broaden
the discussion to include how to bootstrap an "eScience community"
that would be able to take on the role you suggest.

It will be important to ask projects like CLARIN, DARIAH, DASISH, and
ELIXIR if they could participate.

Thanks,

Scott K for LIGO