cat-users - Re: [cat-users] problem detected with installer from cat.eduroam.org

Re: [cat-users] problem detected with installer from cat.eduroam.org

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: cat-users AT geant.net, marcos.gonzalez AT esci.upf.edu
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] problem detected with installer from cat.eduroam.org
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 12:19:57 +0100

> We are writing to report a problem detected with our users.
>
> We are offering the installer from cat.eduroam.org website, and since
> January we detected how windows 7 and 8.1 pcs connection fails, curiosly
> If you use mac (version 10.10) or android mobiles, you can connect.
> Using SecureW2 client last version you can connect in Windows clients
> and our national support service confirm us how client used by eduroam
> was GPL version. We are checking how can be possible this, but now the
> users can't connect and we need support to confirm the problem and
> repair official installer. Was anyone reporting this problems?

I haven't heard any report to that effect.

Did the problem start on Jan 1? It's not impossible that Microsoft may
be enforcing new certificate requirements, and that your server or
intermediate CA certificate does not meet those new requirements.

If you use a different version of SecureW2 that may or may not hint to a
problem with our version - maybe the users who try that new version
simply do not enable the certificate checks properly in their manual
configuration.

It would be helpful if you could send me the server certificate and CA
certificate(s) by mail so I could take a closer look. Because I don't
get any certificate out of the EAP conversation for @upf.edu - maybe you
are using a Microsoft RADIUS server and it doesn't like my outer identity...

Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
de la Recherche
6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi