rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] Integration of the release manager

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] Integration of the release manager

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: Alexander Gall <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] Integration of the release manager
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 15:54:04 +0200

hi,

On 4/6/22 15:47, Alexander Gall wrote:
Hi

On Wed, 6 Apr 2022 14:37:06 +0200, mc36 <> said:

hi,
On 4/6/22 11:42, Alexander Gall wrote:

Thanks, but one more thing to fix: ptyRun.bin does not return the exit
status of the process it's forking (it should also return a status >0
if the execvp() call fails). Can you please add that? I have to use
the pty wrapper because I'm adding a Y/N query to the tna-set-profile
and tna-switch-to-generation scripts to have the user confirm the
action.

with this change:
https://github.com/mc36/freeRouter/commit/106dc976b7604c1a45fb62dd3c0691da74e93f38

Thanks. Why do we need the sleep(10)? It's pretty inconvenient.

so the idea here is that i did not wanted to keep track of the threads,
whereas ensuring a single exit point from the code... the ending of the
c code there only relays the stdio of the new process, and to be pretty
sure that the code exits at the first appearance of return status; that's
why i put it there... (an other option would be to use barriers, i know:))

There is another weird effect. When I use this method with my actual
script, I keep getting

% unknown exec command entered

I'm not sure yet what triggers this. It somehow seems related to using
"read" to get input from the user, not sure if that makes any sense. I
need to debug this further.

i know this by hart, it comes from freerouter, and especially when it
tries to run the command in the exec mode interpreter... could you
please show me the alias you're trying to execute?

In any case, there is another show-stopper for having tna-set-profile
automatically switch to the new profile without a warm start. To do
the switch I would need to restart both processes (bfswd and bffwd),
but there is only one cmd2nd :(

lemme introduce cmd3rd and cmd4th then.... :))

br,
cs