rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] Integration of the release manager

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] Integration of the release manager

  • From: Alexander Gall <>
  • To: <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] Integration of the release manager
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 11:42:09 +0200

Hi

On Wed, 6 Apr 2022 06:43:55 +0200, mc36 <> said:

> hi,
> On 4/6/22 06:25, mc36 wrote:
>> hi,

>>> bad news here, at least partially... :)
>>> so the exec commands in freerouter does not have exit status,
>>> but the convention that they output nothing if everything went ok...
>>>
>> wait a bit; that barking is done via the same function everywhere.... :)
>>
>> mc36@noti:/nfs/own/web/src/src$ cat `find .` 2>/dev/null | grep ".error("
>> | wc -l
>> 1443
>> mc36@noti:/nfs/own/web/src/src$
>>

> sorry for the spam... :) with this small commit

> https://github.com/mc36/freeRouter/commit/d5bd6a1df957a23dafa4f64b91d6a9d6cce300d4

> i get this:

> sid(cfg)#alias exec asdf command attach shell3 date -asdf
> sid(cfg)#alias exec asdf cmd2nd attach shell3 date
> sid(cfg)#do asdf
> 2022-04-06 06:39:34.998
> date: invalid option -- 'a'
> Try 'date --help' for more information.
> % returned 1
> Wed Apr 6 06:39:35 AM CEST 2022
> sid(cfg)#alias exec asdf error-free
> sid(cfg)#do asdf
> 2022-04-06 06:39:41.819
> date: invalid option -- 'a'
> Try 'date --help' for more information.
> % returned 1
> sid(cfg)#

Thanks, but one more thing to fix: ptyRun.bin does not return the exit
status of the process it's forking (it should also return a status >0
if the execvp() call fails). Can you please add that? I have to use
the pty wrapper because I'm adding a Y/N query to the tna-set-profile
and tna-switch-to-generation scripts to have the user confirm the
action.

BTW, why did you chose to write ptyRun as a separate tool rather than
creating another variant of the shell{1,2,3} things?

--
Alex