rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] Integration of the release manager

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] Integration of the release manager

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: Alexander Gall <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] Integration of the release manager
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 10:27:46 +0200

hi,

On 4/8/22 09:38, mc36 wrote:

i'm writing you that my idea here is a new knob: "alias exec asdf
sticky-onlychanged"
then it'll be executed only if the parameter changed...
it's a redundant check because you already implemented it but imho it's the
way to go....
and imho we'll need an other knob, "alias exec asdf sticky-onlysuccess"
which will remember the last choice only if the execution went well...

with this smaller change
https://github.com/mc36/freeRouter/commit/a3a43ef7c83b4caa267e4760ba8b17fc340220a2

we just got a lot more parameters, imho we'll need all of these set for the
profile to work as intended...

br,
cs

sid(cfg)#show config-differences
alias exec asdf command atta shell3 ls
alias exec asdf parameter required
alias exec asdf error-free
alias exec asdf sticky-onlychanged
alias exec asdf sticky-onlysuccess
alias exec asdf sticky-persistent
alias exec asdf sticky-param /

sid(cfg)#alias exec asdf sticky-param /
sid(cfg)#alias exec asdf sticky-param /
sid(cfg)#do asdf /home
mc36
sid(cfg)#do asdf /home
sid(cfg)#do asdf /home2
ls: cannot access '/home2': No such file or directory
% returned 2
sid(cfg)#do asdf /home2
ls: cannot access '/home2': No such file or directory
% returned 2
sid(cfg)#do asdf /home
sid(cfg)#do asdf /home
sid(cfg)#alias exec asdf sticky-param /home
sid(cfg)#alias exec asdf sticky-param /home
sid(cfg)#