rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] Integration of the release manager

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] Integration of the release manager

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: Alexander Gall <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] Integration of the release manager
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 11:07:52 +0200

hi,

On 4/12/22 09:18, Alexander Gall wrote:
On Fri, 8 Apr 2022 10:27:46 +0200, mc36 <> said:

with this smaller change
https://github.com/mc36/freeRouter/commit/a3a43ef7c83b4caa267e4760ba8b17fc340220a2

So, "persistent" means that the sticky alias is not executed when
booting? This means that I will have to bring the initial p4-profile
file back to the ONIE installer. Otherwise, the system won't come up
when it is booted the first time.

Also, something seems wrong. When I activate all of those options, I
get this after a boot:

rare#show config-differences
no alias exec tna-set-profile sticky-param PE
alias exec tna-set-profile sticky-param

a thing i need to fix! :)

we just got a lot more parameters, imho we'll need all of these set for the
profile to work as intended...

Yes, lots of parameters to fix corner cases :/ Maybe we need to
redesign this? We could add a hidden parameter to a sticky command
that would indicate the context in which it is executed, e.g. from CLI
or not, during the boot process or something like that. We'd have to
pick something that could cover all the cases we've seen so far.

With that, we could avoid the "persistent" option, but if we insist
that the command returns success (so it doesn't show up as an apparent
problem in the log during boot), we would still perform an unnecessary
reload of the processes :/

so i badly need the persistent option and default as none for a use-case:
if i start the wpa-supplicant by hand with a sticky set-ssid... this one
needs to be executed during the boot too in contrast to the tofino profile..

br,
cs