rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] How to put two VMs running freeRouter on cloud?

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] How to put two VMs running freeRouter on cloud?

  • From: Edgard da Cunha Pontes <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] How to put two VMs running freeRouter on cloud?
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 08:38:17 -0300

Hi Casba! Thanks for answering.

1) if i understand you correctly, you have connectivity on the first vm, and we have to narrow the connectivity of the second vm?
Exactly! But I would like to do this using rawInt.bin rather than pcapInt.bin. Is this possible and does it make any sense? I would like to know what is the difference between the two methods.

2) can you check if you have packets received on the failing vm? (sho int eth1)
I'm not getting any packages as I'm not using pcapInt.bin. I tried to do it differently this time.

3) can you check if the pcapint reached a stable state? (sho proc ext)
I'm not using it (pcapInt.bin) in the cloud experiment (at least not yet). If I find that it's not worth going this way (rawInt.bin) I'll use it or do the full installation suggested on the freeRouter website.