rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] How to put two VMs running freeRouter on cloud?

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] How to put two VMs running freeRouter on cloud?

  • From: Frédéric LOUI <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] How to put two VMs running freeRouter on cloud?
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 13:48:20 +0200
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.10.3 zmtaauth03.partage.renater.fr 8134680188

Hi Edgar,

Maybe this is a silly question from my part.

On the new VMs, did you regenerate SSH host keys on freeRtr ?
(Because you mentioned that you copy/paste router configuration on your
observation report)
!
crypto rsakey rsa generate 2048
!
crypto dsakey dsa generate 1024
!
crypto ecdsakey ecdsa generate 256
!

With our VMWare cluster we also had the issue when NSX gave an interface to
our VM that was not in promiscuous mode.

I hope this helps (or others :) )

F.