rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] Prometheus DB and Grafana Dashboards

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] Prometheus DB and Grafana Dashboards

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: , Tim Chown <>
  • Cc: Frédéric LOUI <>, Carmen Misa Moreira <>
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] Prometheus DB and Grafana Dashboards
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 13:45:29 +0100

hi,

On 12/7/21 13:16, Tim Chown wrote:

OK, thanks, that s encouraging.

We re likely to do some more work in GN4-3 on streaming telemetry, as the
NRENs seems very interested in the new capabilities, so having RARE/FreeRtr
working with industry collectors is a Good Thing. We ll likely start that
strand of work after Xmas and run for ~6 months.

sounds good... what work do you plan to do? as rare could be a collector or a
source of the reports, we're definitely interested in testing... :)

from freerouter's point of view, the idea was the following: an early
decision that most user show commands could be a table, if possible...
then with prometheus then later with streaming telemetry exporter, this
decision seemingly payed off, as these both work best for an array of
counters...
then with the sensors/checks introduction, these were merged and for now, we
can publish/stream everything that could be showed from the cli...

thanks,
cs