rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] Prometheus DB and Grafana Dashboards

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] Prometheus DB and Grafana Dashboards

  • From: Frédéric LOUI <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] Prometheus DB and Grafana Dashboards
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 13:19:24 +0100
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.10.3 zmtaauth02.partage.renater.fr C38ACA0C0A

Hi Carmen,

The blog you are referring is unfortunately not up to date.

"server prometheus » is actually now using freeRtr sensors.

I'm glad as it is a good opportunity to update it !
Maybe if you are interested we can give you access to the blog in edit mode
and you can help us updating it ?

Apart from that I presume that mc36 will come up with more details on
exporting data via prometheus using sensor.

Basically it is a 2 steps process:

1) let’s activate 4 sensors:

!
sensor ifaces-hw
path interfaces-hw/interface/counter
prefix freertr-ifaces
prepend iface_hw_byte_
command sho inter hwsumm
name 0 ifc=
key name interfaces-hw/interface
replace \. _
column 1 name st
column 1 replace admin -1
column 1 replace down 0
column 1 replace up 1
column 2 name tx
column 3 name rx
column 4 name dr
exit
!
sensor ifaces-hwp
path interfaces-hwp/interface/counter
prefix freertr-ifaces
prepend iface_hw_pack_
command sho inter hwpsumm
name 0 ifc=
key name interfaces-hwp/interface
replace \. _
column 1 name st
column 1 replace admin -1
column 1 replace down 0
column 1 replace up 1
column 2 name tx
column 3 name rx
column 4 name dr
exit
!
sensor ifaces-sw
path interfaces-sw/interface/counter
prefix freertr-ifaces
prepend iface_sw_byte_
command sho inter swsumm
name 0 ifc=
key name interfaces-sw/interface
replace \. _
column 1 name st
column 1 replace admin -1
column 1 replace down 0
column 1 replace up 1
column 2 name tx
column 3 name rx
column 4 name dr
exit
!
sensor ifaces-swp
path interfaces-swp/interface/counter
prefix freertr-ifaces
prepend iface_sw_pack_
command sho inter swpsumm
name 0 ifc=
key name interfaces-swp/interface
replace \. _
column 1 name st
column 1 replace admin -1
column 1 replace down 0
column 1 replace up 1
column 2 name tx
column 3 name rx
column 4 name dr
exit
!

Then activate prometheus server:

server prometheus pr
sensor ifaces-hw
sensor ifaces-hwp
sensor ifaces-sw
sensor ifaces-swp
interface tunnel123 <put source interface of your promtheus target>
vrf <PUT VRF where your prometheus server_is_>
exit

And you are good to go.

They are more sensors, this is a totally dynamic way to reflect FreeRtr
visibility and make it available to external prometheus server.

PS: Please let me know if you are willing to edit the Blog and I’ll arrange
to grant you relevant access ! :)

All the best,
Frederic