rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] Prometheus DB and Grafana Dashboards

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] Prometheus DB and Grafana Dashboards

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: , Frédéric LOUI <>, Carmen Misa Moreira <>
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] Prometheus DB and Grafana Dashboards
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 16:51:38 +0100

hi,
well, we moved away to sensors framework when we added streaming telemetry
too...
these are the current sensors: http://sources.nop.hu/misc/sensor/
but as you should already spotted, freerouter show commands are almost
exclusively
tables, mostly ordered from left to right by the importance of the
information,
and this approach works well with prometheus... if you take a closer look on
these sensor definitions, they're just a show command and the columns to
export...
it means that you can easily define your very own sensor if you miss
something...
regarding the dataplanes, the dpdk dataplane attaches and updates the counters
on every aspect but the tofino dataplane does it in just come cases, and the
more sad thing is that the middleware bf_forwarder.p4 only reads the
subinterface
counters and not the rest of the counters... it's a point where things should
improve a lot so if you're willing to join the development, and you enjoy
python hacking then it's a point where really need some help... :)
regards,
cs