edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] reference for expired certificate warning

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] reference for expired certificate warning

  • From: Zenon Mousmoulas <zmousm AT noc.grnet.gr>
  • To: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • Cc: edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] reference for expired certificate warning
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 22:04:56 +0200

> On 20 Nov 2019, at 21:49, Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl> wrote:
>
> The justification for this warning is the recommendation in the
> InterOp profile as pointed out by Zenon. I believe that the following
> discussion on the list is a perfect justification for us giving an
> explicit warning on this as well.

Yes but please let's figure out the mechanics so that such justification (not
pointing fingers, something more abstract such as interop issues with relying
parties enforcing the validity of said certificates) finds its' way to some
document (such as the BCP) or some wiki corner where it can actually be found
by anyone looking into that warning.

Thanks for all your insight,
Z.