edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] reference for expired certificate warning

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] reference for expired certificate warning

  • From: Nick Roy <nroy AT internet2.edu>
  • To: Guy Halse <guy AT tenet.ac.za>
  • Cc: "edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org" <edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] reference for expired certificate warning
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 16:22:58 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=internet2.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=internet2.edu; dkim=pass header.d=internet2.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=Wse9fvMO5WBZNpIzjj/ZAsLedKE5c80NI+7X+RXCToQ=; b=hd9tkg0akhLpvpEZgDsQbRSKCao5fIX2+TEQ1Mtt2HYCv+mYVFj1vE6WeDsBMIG/GW34ZoblMAqmuYbkbrWs3AzxP9p+Ma3NoWLOeNhbHyS1OUzgC1E2ewLOqOHKYULIjSYaXHXF4nIpfkPevaIjp/ZEk7UeotRKWCsL2uOSWVCKvJzje5C1w7NGXO8a46QXZ94RcLjHzbZD1ixGnoqm7sBEnI9y4HysX9pocBDFEmAuPBTghluD/UXHEb3hQQpEdFXtnR5rhoVwc2ss5mCQ+5MWuygnLc9oVL5npfJJXPJSLOtRIlZxwt6LGEW08qYUMchFZ79TMBLUitvkHdrWyA==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=Ah+H4B1lAxwFQc7LjwJBZjx8G41UJszlGiQUSFI7FykEIX0ZxSnj05GluMylSMxdn5HE9tZc1HUkJ6QCrxCSyhESwOrxlJn/sqMSd5YTFSdyel0/M6tdtEWq2p4hHLG7dBXkheeNwWEkLuxnohSC9r4HC0yu+FA3dcPBW7HiP9RCig+uV7P+/JR59Q1c2tKmrVAZADS7s/PzlNq9LXZOcJVQM/4mi3EIaRwbwPjH9bimAzykddJXFsPtwR87DB4AsCWo8IrJF9ov1nPyAVLCx69R7T6ZIk8VE0iNanhO+iLWkt1T//1UKmo5wwxQbQG2zUQr7cRp05toFlzfmG6rhA==

This is exactly what happens in the US, too. We have a very large number of smaller colleges and universities that don’t have the resources to support anything else but ADFS. My argument is that it is actually harder for both them and us to support than for them to run a packaged version of the Shibboleth IdP, but that argument often falls short given the realities of those campus environments.

Nick