edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] MDS re-publishes schema-invalid metadata

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] MDS re-publishes schema-invalid metadata

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] MDS re-publishes schema-invalid metadata
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 22:12:05 +0200

Looks like we have located the reason for this entity passing the
eduGAIN checks and the question is was the empty lang actually an error.

If you look at https://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd you will see that they
actually allow the empty value for lang. UK federation rules rely on
http://www.w3.org/2001/03/xml.xsd and this one forbids empty values but
all newer ones allow that.

eduGAIN validator was using a newer xml.xsd and the validation passed.

So what is the correct approach here?

Tomasz

--
Tomasz Wolniewicz
twoln AT umk.pl http://www.home.umk.pl/~twoln

Uczelniane Centrum Informatyczne Information&Communication Technology Centre
Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika Nicolaus Copernicus University,
pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
tel: +48-56-611-2750 fax: +48-56-622-1850 tel kom.: +48-693-032-576