edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] MDS re-publishes schema-invalid metadata

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] MDS re-publishes schema-invalid metadata

  • From: Peter Schober <peter.schober AT univie.ac.at>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] MDS re-publishes schema-invalid metadata
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 16:58:33 +0200

* Peter Schober <peter.schober AT univie.ac.at> [2019-09-20 16:04]:
> * Molnár Péter <molnar.peter AT kifu.gov.hu> [2019-09-20 15:49]:
> > I removed the xml elements with empty attributes from that entity. It
> > will be published soon.
>
> Thanks, I can confirm that the eduID.hu upstream already is fixed.

The MDS is now also clean again, so in case you've already published
the faulty version to your downstream feeds maybe force an update in
order to get the fixed version out to your community/customers asap.

@OT: So far only the Shibboleth SP refused to load metadata with that
error in it. The Shibbleth IDP I tested (almost recent, v3.4.4) loaded
it without warnings or errors, so did a current (v1.17.6) version of
SimpleSAMLphp w/ the metarefresh module.
(Those tests were also done without signature validation, though.)

These are about all implementaions I can quickly and easily get my
hands on. Feel free to contribute test results from any other
imlpementation, though: All you need is a single XML element with an
xml:lang="" XML attribute.

-peter