edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] MDS re-publishes schema-invalid metadata

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] MDS re-publishes schema-invalid metadata

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] MDS re-publishes schema-invalid metadata
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 15:29:28 +0200

Hi Peter,

   as you are well aware OT is running schema validation with both MDA
and pyFF and they did not choke on it. In fact Validator2 does report
this problem but only as a warning which is probably wrong.

 Looks like another specific rule to be added.

And by the why, while this being formally incorrect does this actually
cause real problems in the IdP/SP side anywhere?

In fact we are publishing incorrect contact metadata with mail without
the mandatory mailto prefix. This has been going for ages, and we have
been talking about this but is still there.

Tomasz

--
Tomasz Wolniewicz
twoln AT umk.pl http://www.home.umk.pl/~twoln

Uczelniane Centrum Informatyczne Information&Communication Technology Centre
Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika Nicolaus Copernicus University,
pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
tel: +48-56-611-2750 tel kom.: +48-693-032-576