edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] MDS re-publishes schema-invalid metadata

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] MDS re-publishes schema-invalid metadata

  • From: Leif Johansson <leifj AT sunet.se>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] MDS re-publishes schema-invalid metadata
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 23:47:07 +0200

On 2019-09-20 15:29, Tomasz Wolniewicz wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
>    as you are well aware OT is running schema validation with both MDA
> and pyFF and they did not choke on it. In fact Validator2 does report
> this problem but only as a warning which is probably wrong.
>
>  Looks like another specific rule to be added.

There are a bunch of stuff that the libxml2 schema code doesn't catch.

The "funny" thing is that one of my SATOSA proxies (i.e pysaml2) choked
on this ... and this is iirc the same underlying library doing the
validation!

Its been one of those days. I'm just happy one of the many strange
things that bit my systems today wasn't actually a heisenbug but had
a perfectly reasonable explanation!

Cheers Leif