edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] MDS re-publishes schema-invalid metadata

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] MDS re-publishes schema-invalid metadata

  • From: Janos Mohacsi <mohacsi.janos AT kifu.gov.hu>
  • To: Davide Vaghetti <davide.vaghetti AT garr.it>
  • Cc: Leif Johansson <leifj AT sunet.se>, edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] MDS re-publishes schema-invalid metadata
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 10:28:26 +0200 (CEST)

Dear All,

I my opinion we should implement the Robustness Principle ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robustness_principle ), however it is tend to be criticized.

We should be be very strict what is going into eduGAIN metadata, since we don't know which implementation will consume them. On the SP side we should advocate to be as permissive as possible.

Therefore we should define what and how can be published to eduGAIN SAML Profile.

Best Regards,

Janos Mohacsi
Chief Development Officer, Network Engineer
KIFU NIIF Program, HUNGARY
Co-chair of Hungarian IPv6 Forum
Key 70EF9882: DEC2 C685 1ED4 C95A 145F 4300 6F64 7B00 70EF 9882