edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] MDS re-publishes schema-invalid metadata

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] MDS re-publishes schema-invalid metadata

  • From: Maja Wolniewicz <mgw AT umk.pl>
  • To: Leif Johansson <leifj AT sunet.se>
  • Cc: edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] MDS re-publishes schema-invalid metadata
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 14:21:27 +0200

Wiadomość napisana przez Leif Johansson <leifj AT sunet.se> w dniu 25.09.2019, o godz. 13:45:

As a matter of fact pyff used on eduGAIN aggregation stage has its own
schema directory with newest xml.xsl
http://www.w3.org/2009/01/xml.xsd
That's why it doesn't choke on empty xml:lang.
I've replaced the pyff's xml.xsd with the UKf's version and then pyff
failed.

ideally schema should be part of pyFFs configuration instead of (as now)
the codebase because you probably want the user to make this choice  as
we have seen ... but we should talk about that on the pyff dev list

Regarding the problem I mentioned with using pyFFs schema directory with xmlsectool.sh tool.
The pyFFs schema directory contains schema.xsd file with the line:
<import namespace="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:metadata:ui" schemaLocation="sstc-saml-metadata-ui-v1.0.xsd"/>
while in sstc-saml-metadata-ui-v1.0.xsd
namespase
urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:metadata:ui
is declared.