edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Suggestions on SPs which offers service generally to all eduGAIN users

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Suggestions on SPs which offers service generally to all eduGAIN users

  • From: Dieter Van Uytvanck <dieter AT clarin.eu>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Suggestions on SPs which offers service generally to all eduGAIN users
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 11:07:35 +0200

On 16/04/2018 15:38, nicole.harris AT geant.org wrote:
> It's on the work item list for GN4-3 and although we cannot guarantee
> anything I think this wil move forward within eduGAIN. Unfortunately
> with current manpower I don't think we will get to actual implementation
> this year but this is something
>
> If you have any specific feedback on requirements, we are currently
> gathering those via REFEDS so please reach out to Heather (in cc) if you
> have any requirements that would be useful to capture.  If people think
> a VC on this would be useful, also please shout :-)

Hi Nicole and all,

Sounds definitely interesting. It is probably good to be aware of
similar initiatives (under the fahsionable label "marketplace") in
projects like EOSC-hub and some of the upcoming EOSC cluster proposals.
I will try to keep an eye on these, but in any case it would be very
good if we could avoid double curation efforts for such service catalogues.

There is currently an EOSC-hub event taking place, I'll try to mention
the idea of the eduGAIN catalogue to some of the people here.

best regards,
--
Dieter Van Uytvanck
Technical Director CLARIN ERIC