edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Suggestions on SPs which offers service generally to all eduGAIN users

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Suggestions on SPs which offers service generally to all eduGAIN users

  • From: Valentin Pocotilenco <pvv AT renam.md>
  • To: Nick Roy <nroy AT internet2.edu>, Alan Buxey <alan.buxey AT myunidays.com>, "edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org" <edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Suggestions on SPs which offers service generally to all eduGAIN users
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 08:41:55 +0300

Hi,
idea of service catalogue was proposed by Ann
https://wiki.geant.org/display/gn43tip/New+Idea+Submission#NewIdeaSubmission-eduGAINFederatedServiceCatalogue-separateforminwhitepaper
i'm sure that anyone who tried to present eduGAIN to community was asked to enumerate useful services from outside of federation and it was hard to find few really useful and working services (not filesenders, intranet access, eventr, etc.).
As an answer i propose to:
1. add to eduGAIN API possibility to read "extensions" section from metadata
2. introduce warning state for empty "Description xml:lang="en"" subsection

In this case catalogue can be compiled easily (IMHO).
 Best regards, Valentin.