edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Locations for 'local' eduGAIN metadata

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Locations for 'local' eduGAIN metadata

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Locations for 'local' eduGAIN metadata
  • Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 16:19:03 +0100

W dniu 2015-02-04 o 15:15, Tom Scavo pisze:
>> You might consider to hide the XML link a bit by moving it to the bottom of
>> the detailed view, than it's not as visible.
> This is a little bit better since signed per-entity metadata will soon
> be available worldwide, in which case that link can become a standard
> metadata query (conforming to the Metadata Query Protocol).
I have moved this function, as Thomas suggested. In principle I could
link to an outside source for entity XML, but since such an outside
resource is not in permanent sync with ours, we could have different
views of the same entity.
We could, of course think of providing a signed xml per entity, the
question is do we want to provide an official resource for downloading
metadata, while we still think that the only source of metadata should
be the home federation.

I have added an alert with a message telling the user about the purpose
of the listing, a slight nuisance for those who want to use that
properly, but possibly a small price to pay.

And the XML view has been fixed by Maja, so no lowercasing of the tags
any more.

Tomasz

--
Tomasz Wolniewicz
twoln AT umk.pl http://www.home.umk.pl/~twoln

Uczelniane Centrum Informatyczne Information&Communication Technology Centre
Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika Nicolaus Copernicus University,
pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
tel: +48-56-611-2750 fax: +48-56-622-1850 tel kom.: +48-693-032-576