edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Locations for 'local' eduGAIN metadata

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Locations for 'local' eduGAIN metadata

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: Tom Scavo <trscavo AT internet2.edu>
  • Cc: "edugain-discuss AT geant.net" <edugain-discuss AT geant.net>
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Locations for 'local' eduGAIN metadata
  • Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 07:59:11 +0100

W dniu 2015-02-03 o 23:32, Tom Scavo pisze:
>> I hope you will not find too many errors
> Well, the XML view doesn't display valid XML since all the element
> names and attributes have been lowercased. This begs the question why
> the XML is displayed in the first place.

Yes, we have noticed that "something" is doing this to us. It would need
to be fixed if this functionality is to stay.
The main reason to keep it is to provide a complete view of the entity,
while the "details" view is only a selection, but I have seen arguments
why this should be dropped, so unless I hear some voices supporting the
XML view, I will just drop this soon.
Tomasz

--
Tomasz Wolniewicz
twoln AT umk.pl http://www.home.umk.pl/~twoln

Uczelniane Centrum Informatyczne Information&Communication Technology Centre
Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika Nicolaus Copernicus University,
pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
tel: +48-56-611-2750 fax: +48-56-622-1850 tel kom.: +48-693-032-576