edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Locations for 'local' eduGAIN metadata

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Locations for 'local' eduGAIN metadata

  • From: Tom Scavo <trscavo AT internet2.edu>
  • To: Thomas Lenggenhager <lenggenhager AT switch.ch>
  • Cc: "edugain-discuss AT geant.net" <edugain-discuss AT geant.net>
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Locations for 'local' eduGAIN metadata
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 09:15:51 -0500

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 2:16 AM, Thomas Lenggenhager
<lenggenhager AT switch.ch> wrote:

> I am in favor of keeping the possibility to get to the XML without too much
> hassle.

You're probably like me and need a hefty dosage of XML every day :-)

but seriously, unsigned and unvalidated XML can actually do more harm than
good.

> You might consider to hide the XML link a bit by moving it to the bottom of
> the detailed view, than it's not as visible.

This is a little bit better since signed per-entity metadata will soon
be available worldwide, in which case that link can become a standard
metadata query (conforming to the Metadata Query Protocol).

Tom