edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Locations for 'local' eduGAIN metadata

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Locations for 'local' eduGAIN metadata

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Locations for 'local' eduGAIN metadata
  • Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2015 21:52:04 +0100

Hi,
I'm back with the entities view.
On http://technical.edugain.org/entities.php there is a new version
where we have tried to implement the many good I ideas I received from
this list.

The detail view of an entity is implemented in a separate window placed
so that it should be easy to jump between various entities without the
need of closing that details window. If you think that we have missed
something important in the details view then please let me know.

The details view is based on the entity as the main element, therefore
compared to the main list, the ordering of the information is reversed,
but with so much more information (also in all available languages),
this seems much more natural.

Within the ContactPerson element one often observes an error in
specifying the EmailAddress. According to the SAML specification such
email should be presented as an URI, i.e. preceded with "mailto:";.
Whenerver we spot this problem we report it as 'missing "mailto:";'.

Logos are presented from both links and inline data, a most proper size
is selected (if possible) and then scaled down by the browser (if
necessary).

I hope you will not find too many errors and that this tool is going to
be useful.

Cheers
Tomasz

--
Tomasz Wolniewicz
twoln AT umk.pl http://www.home.umk.pl/~twoln

Uczelniane Centrum Informatyczne Information&Communication Technology Centre
Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika Nicolaus Copernicus University,
pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
tel: +48-56-611-2750 fax: +48-56-622-1850 tel kom.: +48-693-032-576