rare-users - Re: [RARE-users] [freertr] L2 switching

Subject: RARE user and assistance email list

Re: [RARE-users] [freertr] L2 switching

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: , Xavier Jeannin <>
  • Subject: Re: [RARE-users] [freertr] L2 switching
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 12:06:48 +0200

hi,
so if you take a look on the test cases related to the bridging involved on a
stack:
https://github.com/rare-freertr/freeRtr/blob/084ad19cbba098684ee3eec6556480e275e85c99/cfg/p4lang-rout212.tst#L174
points out clearly the requirements of the dataplanes... r1 is the
controlling freerouter,
r2-r3-r4 are the dataplanes... r2 and r3 have client facing ports, r4 is just
a backplane...
the rest of the routers connected to the dataplane vms are there just to
perform the tests...
the thing to spot here is features needed to perform the given operation....
br,
cs