edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Question about federations' IdP members

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Question about federations' IdP members

  • From: Jan Oppolzer <jan.oppolzer AT cesnet.cz>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Question about federations' IdP members
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 09:28:18 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 09:15:35AM +0100, Janos Mohacsi wrote:
> Similar in Hungary. According to rules governing operations and
> service delivery of KIFU. We can provide NREN services to two groups:
>
> - all public primary and secondary schools,
>
> - all educational, research (including libraries, museums and public
> collections) institutions (and related  organisation) which is joining
> to NREN group.
>
> Joining to the NREN user group might happen without using NREN network
> (of course some services are not available for non NREN network users
> e.g. DDoS protection).

In the Czech Republic we prefer that organizations are connected to our
network, of course. There are, however, cases where this isn't an option
due to financial or even technical reasons.

So joining our identity federation as an IdP is in fact not restricted
to only those connected to our network, although some services within
the federation are then restricted.

-Jan