edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Question about federations' IdP members

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Question about federations' IdP members

  • From: Davide Vaghetti <davide.vaghetti AT garr.it>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Question about federations' IdP members
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 09:14:46 +0100

Hi,

in GARR we have the network-first approach as well, so you cannot join
the IDEM Federation and other services until you are connected to the
network. Tough, we have some peculiar cases, like the Erasmus+ one,
where we have hundreds of small HEIs not connected to the GARR network
and for which we've built an eduID-like IdP to let them access the
Erasmus+ services.

Bests,
Davide

--