cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Redesign cat.eduroam.org to solve bad user experience?

Re: [[cat-users]] Redesign cat.eduroam.org to solve bad user experience?

  • From: Paul Menzel <pmenzel AT molgen.mpg.de>
  • To: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • Cc: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Redesign cat.eduroam.org to solve bad user experience?
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 19:47:15 +0200

Dear Tomasz,

Am 18.07.23 um 21:43 schrieb Tomasz Wolniewicz:
So one way is to direct users to one landing page, but the other is to tell them to install geteduroam app for whoever system they may be using. If we achieve the goal of having an app for every reasonable system then this approach is very simple as well.

Who defines, what is “reasonable”? Probably by the amount of estimated users? In my opinion, that approach is going to fail. We should strive for a strategy to cater to all users to reduce the IT helpdesk work to a minimum. An app approach will less likely reach than compared to native OS integration with just configuration files.

Kind regards,

Paul