cat-users - RE: [[cat-users]] CAT admin login through social networks

RE: [[cat-users]] CAT admin login through social networks

  • From: "Hadlow, Tim" <Tim.Hadlow AT bl.uk>
  • To: 'Stefan Winter' <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>, "'cat-users AT lists.geant.org'" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: RE: [[cat-users]] CAT admin login through social networks
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 09:50:00 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US

Thanks Stefan,

Using the 'Check realm reachability' feature and Live login tests with the
'Real (inner) username' and password completed with valid credentials and the
' Anonymous outer ID (optional)' left blank the test apparently succeeds and
the NPS logs show PEAP in phase 1 and 'Microsoft: Secured password
(EAP-MSCHAP v2)' in phase 2. The test does note that we are using a wildcard
server certificate and "This can be problematic on some supplicants" so I did
a bit more Googling and found a reference stating "The downside of wildcard
certificate is that they are not currently supported by Microsoft Windows
802.1X supplicants", I haven't yet been able to verify that but it would fit
with your idea that it is actually the phase 1 server certificate validation
that is the problem. I'll try to get the server manager to replace the
certificate and have another go then.

Thanks,

Tim