cat-users - [[cat-users]] CAT admin login through social networks

[[cat-users]] CAT admin login through social networks

  • From: "Hadlow, Tim" <Tim.Hadlow AT bl.uk>
  • To: "'cat-users AT lists.geant.org'" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] CAT admin login through social networks
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 08:54:27 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US

Hi,

As a beginner to CAT my apologies if this is a stupid question.

Using a CAT installer eduroam profile for Windows 8 against our ORPS authentication fails. Our ORPS is Microsoft NPS so local authentications require what on Android is described as “EAP method: PEAP” and “Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPV2”. When successful authentications go through they how in the event logs as “Authentication Type: PEAP” and “EAP Type: Microsoft Secured Password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)”

Using CAT with the profile setting “Supported EAP types for this profile” set to only “PEAP-MSCHAPv2”, the Windows 8 and Windows 10 installers it generated run quite happily but eduroam connections fail with the NPS event log messages showing “Authentication Type: PEAP” and “EAP Type: - ”, i.e. the Phase 2 authentication method appears not to be being configured.

Can anyone who uses or knows about NPS offer guidance or suggestions on the CAT configuration of a profile to work with a Microsoft NPS Radius server?

Thanks,

Tim.

The British Library

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the postmaster AT bl.uk : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.
Think before you print