cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] eduroamCAT for android without Pay Store

Re: [[cat-users]] eduroamCAT for android without Pay Store

  • From: Daniele Albrizio <albrizio AT univ.trieste.it>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] eduroamCAT for android without Pay Store
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 11:57:37 +0100

On 28/01/2016 09:14, Ayres G.J. wrote:
Hi,

I'm a little bit off-topic here, but alternative ways to select home
institution
without location would be very appreciated.
Geoip or direct search on home institution name or realm (SAML Discovery
services-like) would facilitate users not familiar with activating gps or
inside
buildings without gps and gsm coverage (such bunkers are quite frequesnt in
research facilities).

Geoip is possible, if cat.eduroam.org can install php-geoip and write a web
service the app can query.

Pulling all institutions with configurations available from CAT and allowing
a user to search it is also a possibility.

I know you are the second person to request the list-all-institutions feature.

Well, it should be a search-from-a-list-of-all-institutions feature.

I will add this to the list to discuss with the CAT team.

Thanks a lot.

--
Daniele ALBRIZIO -
albrizio AT univ.trieste.it