cat-users - Re: [cat-users] static url's

Re: [cat-users] static url's

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • Cc: cat-users AT geant.net, Judy Angel <J.Angel AT herts.ac.uk>
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] static url's
  • Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 14:15:43 +0200

Hi Stefan,
Clearly you did not get enough sleep :).
Of course we do have a way to deeplink installer which is independent of
the cache mechanism.
You are using it yourself for administrators downloads :).

The magic link direct link is:
https://cat.eduroam.org/download.php?idp=337&profile=487&generatedfor=user&device=apple_lion

However I would suggest that you might also use:
https://cat.eduroam.org/basic.php?page=5&idp=337&country=uk&lang=en&profile=487&device=vista

This will display some important information to your user before the
download.

If you play with basic.php you will easily discover the magic names for
devices.

If such deep linking is something people would like to have, then we
could put some more effort into in the future, however please consider
that CAT 1.1 will have an OS detection mechanism, as you could see on
our test site.
For instance try:

http://cat.eduroam.pl/?profile=177&idp=216

This will guess the operating system and profile most likely the best link.

Tomasz

--
Tomasz Wolniewicz

twoln AT umk.pl
http://www.umk.pl/~twoln

Uczelniane Centrum Informatyczne Information&Communication
Technology Centre
Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika Nicolaus Copernicus University,
pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
tel: +48-56-611-2750 fax: +48-56-622-1850 tel kom.: +48-693-032-576