rare-users - Re: [RARE-users] FreeRTR

Subject: RARE user and assistance email list

Re: [RARE-users] FreeRTR

  • From: Frédéric LOUI <>
  • To: Muhammed Ali <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [RARE-users] FreeRTR
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 16:31:51 +0200
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.10.3 zmtaauth03.partage.renater.fr A811A80268

Hi Muhammed,

> We are an ISP in India.
Got it.

> Currently we are using a DPDK based BNG which is working great

So you already have an alternative

> but it is a one man show company, so cannot depend him always.

I see the point.

> We do not have resources for R&D to try,
As mc36 mentioned we are "eating our own dog food" , so I can also testify
that RARE/freeRtr « just » works.
And this is my personal opinion as a user that is using it 24x7 since 2019.

> rather we are looking for some one who can really help us to put things
> together.
The fact that you are not an R&E organisation or you are not an R&E
subcontractor I presume that this will make things difficult.

However, that being said, if we guarantee that our software is working for
R&E users, you can be assured it will work for you.
Granted the fact fact your use case is ~ similar.

Nonetheless, I’ll relay this to GÉANT management attention and get back to
you.

All the best,
Frederic