rare-users - Re: [RARE-users] FreeRTR

Subject: RARE user and assistance email list

Re: [RARE-users] FreeRTR

  • From: Frédéric LOUI <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [RARE-users] FreeRTR
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 15:24:40 +0200
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.10.3 zmtaauth01.partage.renater.fr 26382140177

Hi Muhammad,

RARE/freeRtr is an R&E project conducted under the umbrella of GÉANT
Association. (https://geant.org/)

Our mission is to:
Create an open source routing platform that would fullfill R&E use case(S).

Each use case requiring inherently different speed, more or less
functionality and respective TCO,
Therefore, we realised that having the possibility to « hook » different
dataplanes to freeRtr control plane was a natural decision.
(Thus having TOFINO P4 and DPDK data planes mainly for situation where
throughput is requireed)

The project reached such a maturity that we think that it is the right moment
to share it more widely publicly.
For now, we have no commercial offer with respect to software maintenance as
such for non R&E organisation.

We are basically providing the support you would expect from an Open Source
project that started in 2019.

Are you a R&E organisation ? Or does your project is for an R&E organisation
?
If yes, we can report your interest to GÉANT Association attentionl and
appreciate how we can cooperate more closely with your local NREN.

Thanks for your feedback,
Frederic