rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] INT/iOAM

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] INT/iOAM

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: Ronald van der Pol <>
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] INT/iOAM
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 15:21:01 +0100

hi

On 3/26/21 3:05 PM, Ronald van der Pol wrote:
On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 14:03:31 +0100, mc36 wrote:

so that is the initial part, the rtr.zip 's src directory.
the freerouter itself. you cannot avoid to touch that when
you introduce new encapping, first because of the testing,
second because of the exception packets: ttl expirity,
acl deny, etc that wont and cannot handled at dataplanes...
they're rate limited and given up for the cpu to do the
appropirate actions....

Sure, you always need to add the control plane part. But
are you saying that freertr also has an optional dataplane
part? I still need to do a proper evaluation of freertr,
so I currently do not know much about the architecture
yet.

yess, it have the optional dataplanes.... one if them is the bitbucket
repo....

but it have the dpdk forwarder too, and can instruct an openvswitch also...
(ovs have much less features:))

please take a look at frederic's writeups at
https://wiki.geant.org/pages/viewrecentblogposts.action?key=RARE
there he describes how the p4 part and freertr integrates....

thanks,
cs