rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] INT/iOAM

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] INT/iOAM

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: Ronald van der Pol <>
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] INT/iOAM
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 14:03:31 +0100

hi,

On 3/26/21 1:55 PM, Ronald van der Pol wrote:
Hi Csaba,

Thanks. That clarifies things. I think I have one question left:
What is the "java sw forwarder"?

so that is the initial part, the rtr.zip 's src directory.
the freerouter itself. you cannot avoid to touch that when
you introduce new encapping, first because of the testing,
second because of the exception packets: ttl expirity,
acl deny, etc that wont and cannot handled at dataplanes...
they're rate limited and given up for the cpu to do the
appropirate actions....

and again, please feel free to pick a subtask i described,
i really welcome everybody on board, and as i see the
interest, i'll "blog" about the int progressing to
the rare-dev list for those tasks i start or done....

i have some smaller things before int in the todo.txt but
after that, let's say in 1-2 weeks, int will be the first... :)

Just some FYI:

but the INT data header, bacause it is simpler:
https://github.com/rvdpdotorg/P4include/blob/master/int.p4

thanks for the link, i'll take a deeper look on it!

regards,
cs